Avery has enjoyed many play dates this past month. Callum tried to crawl over her and pull himself up using her and Kennadie loves to mock her cry or tell her to hush :) The Abernathy boys love to see her, but think she's pretty boring right now. Haha Soon enough she will be causing trouble with them! We have several friends that are expecting little ones soon! We are excited for all the future play dates we will have. It will be weird for Avery to be the old one, though.
Speaking of play dates, this past week I was driving home from a friends house with Avery when a deer decided to jump onto my windshield. He was huge and literally jumped over the guard rail onto the windshield and roof. He completely missed the hood, thank goodness. He shattered the windshield and I have to have a new roof and paint. We were unharmed though! Praise God! Avery slept through the whole thing. So now I am just car less for about three more weeks. I'll put a few pictures at the end of the post of my sad car.
On the baby front, Avery is doing fantastic. She is a little over 3 months old now and changing so much everyday. She has been sleeping 10-12 hours most nights since 2 months old! Thank goodness! Somehow I am still worn out though. However, she isn't a good napper. I won't complain though since she sleeps so well at night. Since my last post she has started smiling and cooing and if you are really funny she will laugh for you. She is starting to teeth and drools nonstop and chews on her fist. She has such a fun personality already. We are so blessed to be her parents :)
In January she was dedicated at church with our family and close friends. This was our way of showing our commitment to her and to God to raise her in a way that brings glory to Him and shows her His way. She was so good and slept most of the service. It was a very sweet moment and like all her other "firsts" I can't believe it's already come and gone.
My maternity leave is quickly drawing to a close. I go back to work this coming Monday. I am having mixed feelings about it. I am excited to get back to work and take care of sick babies and their families, but I'm not ready to leave Avery for 14 hours at a time. She will be staying with my mom, her grammy, and will have tons of fun. It is still hard to imagine not being the one taking care of her all day everyday. The one she sees after every nap and the one that sings morning songs and tucks her into bed. It will be an adjustment for sure, but it will be for the best once we all get into a good routine. I am thankful for the time I have had to be off and to bond with her. And like Josh likes to always point out, I have an awesome schedule of 3 days one week and 2 the next. So really I wont be gone that much. If I could just get all the weekends and holidays off :) We can't have it all I suppose.
Here are a few highlights from the past few months. A few are from her newborn and 3 month photo sessions. They are done by Paula Abernathy photography. She is a dear friend and does amazing work! (She also took the family picture at the top)
this is her good morning smile
a little tummy time on my legs while watching the game
Avery's great grandmother
Hope to update more frequently! Happy February to you all!








No comments:
Post a Comment