Hello and happy late Thanksgiving to everyone! We had a great day of visiting family and of course good food. It was followed by a long, relaxing weekend! It was great having Josh at home with us for multiple days in a row. I have been meaning to write a blog for a few weeks now, but time keeps getting away from me. This past month has been busy and exciting as we are getting settled and establishing a routine as a family. Avery is 6 weeks old tomorrow! Hard to believe! At her one month appointment she had grown an inch (20in) and was up to a big 8lb 5oz. She is growing like crazy and changes everyday. This first month has been full of challenges. Most of which revolve around sleeping or lack of sleeping :) After a few weeks of no sleep, we realized Avery's issue was reflux and a bad case of gas. Her reflux is now under control and within two days of starting her on Zantac, she slept 6 hours straight! Her gas is now under control to where it doesn't wake her up, as long as she gets mylicon drops with her feedings. We missed a couple of doses yesterday and she was up all night. All and all, she is doing great though sleeping 10-12 hours at night with a feeding somewhere in the middle.
I few of my favorite things about Avery and/or being a mom so far include her awesome dimples, how she snuggles up so tight, the amazement in her eyes when she sees something new, and the way she pushes her head up when she is on my chest so she can see me. I love her so much!
We have been out around town quite a bit already doing some shopping and hanging out at the park, but our biggest trip so far has been to Memphis for the Grizzlies/Celtics game. She was great. The noise in the arena didn't even phase her. She slept through the fireworks and screaming with no problem.
We have also gotten Avery's pictures taken. They turned out great! They were done by paula abernathy photography. She is who did our maternity pictures as well. I can give you the link if you are interested, just send me a message and I will let you know how to see them.
The lastest "first" for Avery was going to church yesterday. She did great and slept the whole time. She was very grunty, but no crying. It was an amazing feeling to have her there with us and to realize that it was in the same place that I was healed 10 months ago. She is the visible proof of God's healing!
Well I guess that's all I have time for right now. Little one is waking up from her nap. I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment