I was reading a friend's blog this past week, where the challenge Ask What? not Why? was posed. She had been thinking about this change in perspective in her own life in regards to fertility issues and it made me think back to our own struggle. A lot of you know our story of infertility and healing. It was a long 2 year process that took us on an emotional roller coaster every month. I felt sorry for us at times and then other times I was angry that it was happening to me, and everytime someone else would get pregnant without even trying I would think why not me? But through it all I continued to rely on God's strength and tried to be patient! (Not easy for someone who wants to plan everything and be in control). But looking back I see His timing was perfect and He has already used and will continue to use our struggle to encourage others.
After reading her blog and thinking about our recent journey I was challenged to apply this persepctive to all my perceived "problems" now and in the future. This change in perspective means to ask What God is doing in the situation, What I can do for others in the situation He has placed me in and What am I supposed to be learning in this place. This is radically different from asking Why me? Why now? Why us? This leads to self pity and self centeredness and we miss the opportunity God is giving us for personal growth and ministering to others.
I struggled with this during our infertility journey and continue to even now with smaller everyday things. But I am challenged to change my perspective and to ask What not Why! I'm excited to see what I learn in the process!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment