Monday, February 21, 2011

4 Months


Little Miss Avery is now 4 months old! Crazy! We went to the doctor today for her checkup and shots. She now weighs 14 lbs 2 oz (still the 61%) and is 24.5 inches long (jumping from 26 to 59%)! That's + 8lbs and 5.5 inches from birth. I can't believe how much she has changed in just a few months. She is developing such a fun personality and watching her learn new things is so fun. She has recently discovered she has control over her volume. She now babbles and coos very loud and squeels during playtime and often at the begining of naptime. She can grab her toys by herself now and is laughing more and more. She has many consanant and vowel combos she says now. It is so fun to listen to her practice and watch her face light up when we sing songs and play games together. Sleeping is still going great! She had a few nights of waking up around 330 to eat, but has gone back to her old ways of sleeping 10 or 11 hours! Thank goodness! She has been enjoying this weather too. We have been on many walks and trips to the park lately and she loves the sun to shine on her and a light breeze to hit her. This past week, she rode in her stroller like a big girl for the first time (no carrier). It was bittersweet! She looked so old. I know I say it alot, but I am so blessed and love being a mom!


As many of you know, I recently went back to work. It was very hard the first day, but now that I am in a routine it is getting easier. I still hate leaving the house in the morning without seeing her and can't wait to get back to feed her at bedtime, but it is doable. We are very blessed to my mom, her grammy, down the street to take care of her while Josh and I are both at work. I think my mom is loving it and Avery is doing better and better with naps at her house and loves the different toys she has there. When I work the weekends, Josh is on his own. This past weekend was his first time to be Mr. Mom :) He did an awesome job! She is such a daddy's girl already and she spoiled him by sleeping in Saturday morning and then taking longer naps than she will for me. I love watching them together and as much as I hate working weekends, I love the fact that they have their own bonding time without me around. I see a summer full of fun park days in their future!

Hope you enjoy the new pictures! :)






1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big she is getting! Time sure does fly by! I need to see you guys soon! :)

    ReplyDelete