Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sweet summer time


This summer has flown by and we've been so busy I haven't even thought about our blog. It's been 3 months since my last post. I'm obviously not going to win blogger of the year, but I'll try to give you an update.
  This summer has been full of pool days, story time at the library and when it's not crazy hot we've even made it to the playground a few times. On our family weekend times, we have enjoyed some kite flying, picnics and some play time at the mall. A lot of these outings have been while we are waiting on people to get done looking at our house. Having multiple showings a weekend has been great for exposure, but it is tiring with a dog and a toddler. On the house front, we've had one real offer that fell through and 30+ showings. We are trying to be patient. We know the perfect buyer is out there and the timing will be perfect, but sometimes in the process of running around cleaning and getting out the door before they pull up it's hard to remember that.
  In other Webb news, Josh's summer softball league has ended and we are a week away from the fall league starting. I am looking forward to this one more, because it is much closer to our house. Avery and I might actually be able to make it to a few. Fall league also means cooler weather is coming and we will be wearing long sleeves to the games before the end! I can't wait for fall weather and fall decorations and even fall recipes. I love pumpkin everything!!
  We are also in the process of starting to plan our fall/winter vacation and getting ready for Avery's 2nd birthday. That seems unbelievable as a type it, but it will be here in 10 short weeks. Josh and I are also on the 10 week count down, because we will be running in our first half marathon, October 13. We've been training for a few weeks now and it's getting easier each week, but the mental aspect for me is proving more challenging than the physical part. I get bored running so long by myself even with music. I am up to 6 miles though, with 7 coming up this weekend. So I'm almost half way there. Josh has 10 miles coming up this weekend. He is a bit ahead of me. The race should be easier though with Ashley as a running partner and all the music and family and friends cheering us on. My mom will have to wake Avery up early to make it to the finish line :)
  Avery will be 22 months this week. She is full of energy, life, and beautiful joy. I'm not sure how tall she is anymore. I know she has grown a lot since her 18 month check up, but she doesn't stay still long enough for me to measure anymore. She runs laps in the house, jumps all the time and wants to be a monkey. She loves "Wheels on the bus" and "itsy bitsy". She does all the motions and its so cute. She loved the Olympics and clapped during the gymnastic routines and spun in circles when she thought they were dancing. Dance classes will be coming up soon in her future. Reading is still her favorite thing to do. We read several stacks of books a day and have read her toddler bible front to back many many times in the last couple of weeks. It is her favorite. She is also quite the fish when we go to the pool. She has no fear of the water and wants to jump in to us and with her puddle jumper on she can float on her back and also swim to where she wants to go by kicking her strong little legs. She loves to play mommy with her animals and feed them and give them lots of tea. She also tucks them in for naps. She wants to sit on the potty anytime someone else does, but she has yet to actually use the potty. I'm not in a rush though, she will figure it out in time. It's amazing to watch how much she grows and changes every day. She very affectionate and gives hugs freely and loves to blow kisses and give night night sugars. This age is so challenging and rewarding at the same time and it's been a blast. We can't wait for fall and the holidays and all that comes with it. Hopefully a new house :)
   Have a great rest of the summer! I know we will be soaking up every last ray of summer sunshine, hope you do the same!!

Sounds Game



playing in the river


Swimming with her daddy


playing at the park

No comments:

Post a Comment