Thanksgiving was a whirlwind as usual. Josh and Avery spent the day traveling to grandparents houses and then I met them for dinner after work at Josh's parent's house. Avery had her first pumpkin pie, inside of an apple pie and some cauliflower mash. She is just like her momma and loves her food :) I didn't participate in the facebook status month of thanks thing, so I thought I would share a few things on here that I am thankful for. First of all, I am thankful for Jesus, my savior and healer. Second, my wonderful husband that treats me like a princess and has loved me all these years. He is a wonderful father to Avery and watching them together is one of my favorite things. Which leads me to my next thing- Avery! I am so thankful for my sweet spirited little girl. She is a bundle of joy and just the sound of her giggle can make any day great. I am thankful for my parents and all their love, support and friendship. Lastly, I am thankful for all of my friends. This is a just a short list of things I am thankful for. I am so blessed!
This past weekend we went and cut down our tree at Volunteer Tree Farm. We have gone for the past 6 years. It is one of my favorite traditions. They give you a saw and you can go pick whatever tree you want and then cut it down. They shake it out and put it in a net and even tie it on your car for you, while you drink hot chocolate or cider. I hope we get to keep going year after year. Last year, Avery was in the Bjorn and slept the whole time, but this year she was in her wagon and wanted to touch every tree. She is very impatient though and thought we were taking to long to pick one. She was ready to go! Tucker went with us too as usual. He loves it there, but he can't figure out why he isn't allowed to mark the trees. He just walks around and sniffs and watches all the people. Both babies slept all the way home :)
Once we got the tree home and in it's place, we started with the decorations. We have alot of ornaments, not all of them made the cut this year. Maybe next year we will have two trees. Going through the ornaments as we unpacked them was great. We buy each other an ornament every year (even tucker), so we enjoyed looking back on those. We also buy an ornament on all of our trips. So we have quite the collection of city ornaments. I can't wait to open our new ornaments on Chirstmas eve. Avery has been surprisingly gentle with our tree so far and doesn't even seem to notice the presents under the tree. Thank goodness.
Have a Merry Christmas! Hope to blog again before too long!
| 13 months (trying to take her bow out as usual) |
| Tree Farm |
| Christmas time :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment