Saturday, September 24, 2011

11 Months

The only shot I could get before she tore the  number sticker of her shirt and crawled away!

The countdown has begun! One month until we have a toddler! That is crazy! I'm not sure where the past 11 months have gone. This time last year I was getting my maternity pictures taken, putting the finishing touches on the nursery, washing tiny pink onesies and making dinners to freeze for the future. Now a year later, I am preparing for her 1 year pictures, reorganizing her nursery now that she is mobile and can get into everything and planning her birthday party. Avery continues to bring us such joy. She is full of energy, curiosity and happiness. We have been blessed with a happy baby most of the time. This last month has passed in a blur, but here are some of the highlights.
  Avery is now 19 pounds 2 ounces. I suspect she has grown an inch or two, but she will not be still long enough for me to measure. I guess we will have to wait until her 12 month appointment. Avery now cruises along everything, walks when you hold her hands and walks pushing her toys. I keep expecting her to take her first solo steps any day. She has also perfected super fast crawling. She can be on the other side of the room before you realize she has even started moving. She will give you hugs and kisses if you ask, points at everything and continues to LOVE Tucker. She got her 2nd tooth, which has led to her gnawing on the crib side occasionally. She tried cherries, peas, beef and cheerios for the first time this month. She loves any finger foods and thinks she should be eating anytime we are. Her vocabulary now includes tatatata and eeeeeee. She associates dada with her daddy and actually said mama in a nonwhiny voice! She can point to her nose and loves to her me say bellybutton when she points to it. It is really fun to watch her eyes light up when you say something she thinks is really interesting/funny. Her newest thing is using the phone, hairbrush and remote the way they are really supposed to be used. It is amazing to watch her pick up my phone and hold it to her ear. She doesn't seem old enough to be know how to do this stuff. We call her grammy or daddy sometimes just to see her eyes light up when someone talks back. She attempts to brush her hair, but the brush is usually upside down and the remote is pointed to the tv, but has no batteries. The rate at which she learns things is so amazing! It is really fun to watch her learn and explore.
  With one month to go, I have been working on her party and it is slowly coming together. I am excited about the party, but not quite ready to have a one year old. I have also been making her a tutu for her one year pictures that are coming up in a few weeks. I hope she likes it and doesnt try to take it off. It will make cute pictures nonetheless. I can't for her to have her cake. She hasn't had sweets yet, so it will be great to see her face when she tastes it for the first time. Lots of pictures to come!
  I'm not even pretending to think I'll get around to writing another blog before her one year, so  have a great month!

No comments:

Post a Comment