
Before I was pregnant with Avery, Josh and I would run a lot. We would run a couple of miles a day and then do long runs on the weekends. Once I got pregnant, I got winded so easily that I stopped running and walked instead. I never thought of myself as a runner, but I actually missed it. So now, over a year later, I am trying to get back into it. I would love to run in the Women's half marathon this fall. I talked my best friend Ashley into training with me and so we have started the journey. Yesterday, we ran our first 5K. It was Ellie's Run for Africa. Josh ran the race as well, but he kept his own pace and finished before us. The race was at Percy Werner Park and was a cross country run, meaning we ran in the grass and dirt. It was very hilly and challenging at points, but it felt so good to finish! I really like the race atmosphere and I can't wait to run more races in the near future. Josh finished 9th in his age bracket and 117th out of 400 total runners. His time was 28:40. He met his goal of under 30 minutes. My goal was just to run the whole time and i did it! my official time was 31:38, 28th out of 52 for my division and 191 out of 400 runners. So not too bad for my first time.
I'll let you know about our upcoming running adventures. We are getting Trevor, Ashley's husband, to start running too, so we can all 4 run races together this summer in preparation for the half! I will post more pictures from it once I get them from Ashley.
No comments:
Post a Comment